Oh, What A Tangled Web We Weave/Passports

I read somewhere that you can update your driver’s license by $15.00, so you can go in and out of Canada.

I know as far as passports, we always send for ours since we have had passports for years. You just need to download the form, get two passport pictures taken (ie Walgrens), and send the form in with your $75.00. Maybe the price has gone up, but that’s what it was the last time I applied.

I wish it was a lifetime passport. Remembering to ask my adult children when their passports will expire. Then if they have a spouse!

If you are wanting a passport for the first time, you can apply at a post office. I believe is is $100.00 and $85.00 for kids under 16. You fill out a DS-82 form. You may be able to get it from the State Department, but then it has to be notarized.


If you are really in a panic and have to go over seas because you have a child in jail, in trouble, ill, a sick relative, or go on a trip and you forget to get a passport, you can hire a professional expeditor. The service will cost at least $150.00. Talk to your congressional representative or aide on passport delay duty.